Hello there!

These are the tales of a single-again, 20-something-year-old, "sassy chef". I am on the road to self-(RE)discovery after the devastation of my divorce. I want to know who I am, what I want out of life, and how to get it. Things may be hard right now, but the show must go on, so I have decided to blog about every second of it. Who needs a therapist anyways, when I have you guys?!? :)

So, here I am...

Let me start off by saying...I feel that a LOT of people truly misunderstand me, but those that get me REALLY get me...

I am easy to confide in, trustworthy, and can keep a secret for ages! Once you win me over you have a friend for a lifetime...it's just winning me over that's the struggle, for I am not easily impressed...



WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINT...



I struggle with being too up front with people. I usually don't know when to keep my opinons to myself until it's too late. This is something I have had to mindfully and continuously work on throughout my life and it is still a work in progress.

I can be extremely indecisive in just about every aspect that one's life can cover, swinging back and forth quite frequently, but once I have made up my mind, that's it! It is made up!



I am quite OCD about certain quirky things, such as hanging all of my clothes in a color coordinated fashion, turning the volume on the radio only to increments of 5, and cursing those that don't shut the shower curtain, among other weird things that I don't know how to get over.



I have a witty, or just plain sarcastic, sense of humor that a lot of people don't get unless they know me...my life is like one big inside joke and you may never know why I am laughing. Or why I say the things I say. But I have my reasons. Trust me, I'm not crazy :)



I have a BIG heart and am very compassionate toward others. If only a girl could have the time and financial freedom to live off volunteer work alone!



I LOVE to cook and if you ask me, that is about the only true talent or creativity I posess, though my mom would say differently because all moms are supposed to.



I am obsessed with sour gummy worms and popcorn flavored jelly beans, but am not really big into too many other sweets.



The sounds of a ferocious thunderstorm lull me into the best nights of sleep and I am an early riser by choice and by circumstance, but definitely not by nature.



Lastly, but not least... I serve an AWESOME God and I desire to be close to Him more than anything else in this world!!! He is my EVERYTHING!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Normal again?

Sometimes I swear I am the only person who feels this way.

It doesn't really matter HOW I feel.

I just know that I am alone.

But then I stop and realize there are millions of other women who have conquered the world of divorce while grabbing life by the throat and taking what they want out of it.

I want to be one of THOSE women!

Sadly, I am not quite there. I am just the same old "Tiffy" who is trying my hardest to trust in God with each step I take, carefully avoiding the land mines that all too frequently I find myself encompassed with. I whole-heartedly believe that I too will get there, someday. My dad said I would simply have to find a new "normal", which makes perfect sense to me. 
When I asked when I would feel normal again, "Katz" told me to call her next Spring because she swears I will be "awesome"! I may not see that in the here and now, but something inside of me knows that she is correct.


So, for the time being I will hold onto that, while marking down the days on my calendar...


2 comments:

Serenity said...

Tiff ~ My friend, I sure have missed you and I am so glad you are back! Not under these circumstances, though you can see, I can relate as well... I am always online, almost day and night and if you need me, I will help anyway I can... I would give you my number since I am a huge fan of texting (lol), however I don't want to put it here for the world to see. (((((Hugs))))) You and I will get through this... Somehow, someway and know this ~ He has something better in store for each of us. You are in my prayers and don't be a stranger!

Just the 4 of Us said...

Well....you CAN and WILL make it past allllll of this and with much success...God does not take you this far and just "leave" you in distress...we have all been somewhere and most of us are going on to better things and that my dear is EXACTLY where you are headed...I am more than excited to see what GOD does with all of this and He will reward your faithfulness to HIM....you just wait and seeeeeeee!!!!!!
We love you...always!